Non-Toxic Lotions

I have a bee in my bonnet about non-toxic lotions. This is entirely due to my own search for store-bought body lotion that I am: a) willing to put on my body (remember, your skin is your largest organ and soaks up all those chemicals from your hair products, makeup, soap and lotion); and b) can find for sale either online or in a local retailer.I had a favorite in BeeCeuticals Organics, orange and acai lotion so much so I bought up Whole Foods last several bottles before they stopped stocking it. But Ive now run out and so took myself back over to Whole Foods to see what else they had to offer. The pickings, for my picky self, turned out to be pretty slim. Of the products that said they were all-natural or organic, or even looked to be so, I found three I would actually use: Bonny Doon, Griffin and Chandler.

Image from www.bonnydoonfarm.com1. Bonny Doon Farm: Water, Coconut oil, vegetable derived alcohol, glycerin, lanolin oil, cocoa butter, wheat germ oil, vitamin E, oil of rose geranium.2. Griffin Remedy: Purified water, aloe vera juice, MSM (methylsulfonylmethane, blended coconut wax, sweet almond oil, palm oil ester, vitamin C vegetable glycerin, flax seed oil, borage oil, vitamin A, vitamin D, arnica extract, chamomile extract, calendula extract, vitamin E, rose oil, Bulgarian lavender pure essential oil blend.3. *BeeCueticals: Rooibos (from Wikipedia, Afrikaans for red bush; (scientific name Aspalathus linearis) is a broom-like member of the legume family of plants growing in South Africas fynbos.), Darjeeling tea, aloe barbadensis gel, vegetable glycerin, sunflower oil, sweet almond oil, vegetable emulsifying wax, avocado oil, cetyl alcohol, fermented sugar, vitamin E, evening primrose, calendula oil, potassium sorbate, acai, honey, Valencia orange, clove and Mandarin orang! e essent ial oils. *No longer available at the Palo Alto WF, but there are retailers nation-wide.4. Everyday Shea: Too many ingredients to list them all, but some of the highlights are palm stearic acid and phenoxyethanol.5. EO Products: Again, not a complete listing but includes trigyceride, sorbitan olivate, dimethicone, phenoxyethanol, ethyhexyglycerin.

Image from www.chandlerfarm.com6. Chandler Farm: Ingredients included caprylic or capric triglyceride and cetearyl olivate. Neither of which are bad, and they have a unique pomegranate scent. I may try this one next time.7. One With Nature: Three of many ingredients were caprylic or capric triglyceride, stearic acid and phenoxyethanol.8. Mountain Ocean: Of several ingredients, I noted sobitol, stearic acid, phenoxyethanol, behentrimonium, methosulfate, dimethicone, and linoleamidopropyl ogdimonium chloride phosphate.I looked up most of the above ingredients up and found that some arent so bad, others I wouldnt eat, so I wont put them on my skin.Next: Common ingredients and their effect, plus face lotion recipe

  • <
  • 1 of 2
  • >


Popular posts from this blog

Red Wine Reduced Breast Cancer Cells

Spiritual Quantum Physics and Insanity

Get Married, Live Longer?