Searching For Your Inner Wild Woman

Wildlife and the Wild Woman are both endangered species.
- Dr. Clarissa Pinkola Ests, PhD

She had me with the first freaking sentence. The book is Women Who Run with the Wolves: Myths and Stories of the Wild Woman Archetype. Immediately, I knew it was finally time to read this book and that I wanted to share this experience with others.

Perhaps the latter is why I hadnt read it before. I was missing the others. Its been sitting on my bookcase for more than a decade, waiting for the right time. Every time I opened it the words looked like Latin to me. It was as if some strange filter was in place to make my own language incomprehensible to me, a protection perhaps from that which I was not yet prepared to encounter.

You couldnt have pried this book from my possession in all the years since I purchased it, although many others came and went in this time. This book feels sacred to me. Yes, even before Id read the first word. The attraction, the knowing that this was for me was unusual but incredibly powerful. I honored it and waited for something to shift.

A few weeks ago, a friend told me of a vision shed seen while we were at a White Tantric Yoga workshop together. Basically, it was me with wolves. She said the vision came and went throughout the day and that she thought it might be time for me to read this book.

And so it is. Ive started and this book is rocking my world. It holds the answers to questions Ive been asking for 20 years. I could sense something important was missing from my experience, something powerful in my understanding of myself. Ive been searching for my spiritual history as a woman, for that which connects me to the divine and all women, for an understanding of and access to that which I could sense was already ! mine.

Popular posts from this blog

Red Wine Reduced Breast Cancer Cells

Spiritual Quantum Physics and Insanity

Get Married, Live Longer?