Simplify (Said The Pomegranate)

This morning, I was schooled by a pomegranate.

It seems like the more wound up I am, the more bizarre the messenger becomes. Clearly, thats necessary and Im grateful. Otherwise, I might never snap out of it.

Not long ago, my son began harassing me about pomegranate seeds. He had them with a friend at a soccer game and for a few weeks each trip to the grocery store was a Groundhogs Day-like experience. It started with him hard-core selling me on the bliss of the pomegranate seed, followed by my appreciation of his discovery.

This part of the conversation not-so-mysteriously coincided with our entrance into the produce department and inevitably resulted him holding up what a nearby sign promised was indeed a pomegranate.

You ate that at a soccer game?

He explained that it has seeds inside. You eat the seeds.

His mom got the seeds out of a bunch of pomegranates and took them for you guys to eat for snack at a soccer game?

He didnt think so. He thought the mom purchased the pomegranate seeds, perhaps from one of the bulk purchase places, already ready to eat. I had absolutely no idea what in the world that boy was talking about. I had no idea what was going on inside that fruit, what would need to happen to make them ready to eat, or how many of them it would have to happen to in order to make enough for a snack for a couple of bottomless pits masquerading as teenage boys.


Popular posts from this blog

Red Wine Reduced Breast Cancer Cells

Spiritual Quantum Physics and Insanity

Get Married, Live Longer?